The following is a draft of the topics discussed:
Segment 1: NAC Foundational Concepts -
- What is it, why do we need it, why now?
- Where does 802.1x fit, what problems can be solved here, etc.
- Posture Assesment - more than just AV and Spyware
- Client vs. Clientless, Inband vs. Out of Band, Remediation, Non-Cisco applications
- Server, Manager, Agent Communication, Rule Set updates.
Segment 2: Server Deployment Modes
- Virtual and Real IP Gateway
- Layer 2 and Layer 3
- In-band and Out of Band
- Client & Temporal Agent
Segment 3: Topology and Design Considerations
- Remote Sites
Segment 4: Device Profiling
- NAC Profiler
- Design Choices/Trade-offs